I am not going to lie. Aging really sucks. As the years pass, I know collagen decreases, and I am not exactly happy with the results. It isn’t horrific yet, but things are certainly changing. Unfortunately for all of us, Saggy and Droopy are not dwarfs (or dworks as my daughter used to call them). I take care of my skin and try to keep the sun off of my face but I began to wonder what else could I do to increase collagen production and keep the old epidermis plumpus?
It seems the blame goes to collagen, or diminished collagen production, to be more precise. Collagen is a type of protein that, together with keratin, provides the skin with strength, smoothness, elasticity and resilience. As we age, collagen production declines and our skin weakens causing wrinkles, sagging and lines around eyes the and mouth.
I never really gave collagen production much thought until recently, but now I wish I had known a thing or two about how to plump up the volume a lot sooner.
Here are a few natural ways to plump up your collagen production NOW!
- Ban sugar. Yup. Sugar is the enemy in so many ways and now you can add “collagen zapper” to the list. Ditch the coffee sweetners, evaporated cane juice found in yogurt, white bread, sports drinks and soda.
- Add cinnamon and ginger to your diet, as well as resveratrol found in red grapes (and wine?).
- Eat vitamin C rich foods – twice a day!! These foods actually stimulate collagen production. High vitamin C foods include bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, peas, and papayas.
- Eat protein at every meal. Consider eating more turkey because it has carnosine, an amino acid made naturally in the body, which reduces skin aging and supports skin elasticity by rejuvenating skin cells. Turkey also has zinc
- Consume zinc. Zinc activates proteins essential for collagen synthesis and it activates collagenase which helps repair damaged tissue and heals wounds. The Institute of Medicine recommends 8 milligrams of zinc daily for women and 11 for men and. Zinc is found in oysters, poultry, meat, cashews, almonds and dairy products.
After researching ways to plump up collagen, it is clear that a diet exactly like the diet promoted in my online Mojo Jumpstart-21 plan is spot-on for weight loss, healthy living, longevity, energy and more! Join us for the April 4th start and feel amazing in your shorts, bathing suits, tank tops or new clothes! << Click HERE >> to find out more about the Mojo Jumpstart-21 Plan.